University with a straight vision
Globalization of world business brings new profiles and professions and requires education which is directed not only into academic and theoretic knowledge, but also into practical knowledge, which can be directly applicable to everyday business situations.
Changes in business relationships, working methods and business forms of business entities must be accompanied by changes or, better said, adaptation of the higher education system.
Few skills in the business world can be said to be completely new, but certainly all of them undergo transformations, additions and additions of new areas of work over time. One thing is certain, a rigid and traditional education process cannot satisfy the profiling of personnel needed by the labor market. The vision of the University is woven from the needs of the labor market and the possibility of adapting to those needs.
VISION OF THE UNIVERSITY
The university aspires to become a center of excellence that will refine the academic and social spheres of society and the region to which it belongs with the knowledge, tradition, experience, work culture of the employed teaching staff and the authority of the acquired knowledge.
The future of work will be based on the development of dynamic and socially necessary study programs with the help of teaching staff committed to additional training and personal development. It will maintain and increase the attractiveness for students through dynamic study programs, with the help of top staff, connecting studies with practice, developing extracurricular student activities and through international cooperation. The University's commitment is to become a reliable partner of business and other organizations through the emphasis on usable knowledge and a high degree of employability of students.
The principles that provide these paradigms are:
- Organization of the University and work processes;
- Dynamic study programs that are adapted to the needs of the labor market;
- Mandatory practice in all study programs and all years of study;
- Teaching staff who transfer academic knowledge to younger generations;
- Method of teaching and organization of teaching;
- The use of new innovative methods of teaching and educational work;
- Student centered studies;
- International cooperation with higher education institutions and business entities;
- Continuous care for the student even after completing his studies at the University;
- Investment in the professional training of teaching staff and encouraging of postdoctoral training;
- Acquaintance of students with other cultures, business customs and working conditions of institutions abroad;
- Use of internationally recognized literature.
MISSION OF THE UNIVERSITY
The University's mission is to provide a high level of necessary academic knowledge, practical skills and abilities that provide the basis for students to become competitive and recognized on the labor market.
In addition to educational activities, the University also carries out scientific and research activities. The mission of the University in this framework is based on:
- monitoring the development of science and implementing scientific achievements in the educational process and study programs carried out by the university;
- encouragement and support of student scientific research work;
- establishment of scientific cooperation with higher education institutions in the country and abroad;
- organizing scientific meetings of an international character.
The University bases the values of its work on:
- academic excellence, i.e. ensuring the highest possible quality;
- academic freedom of employees and students, with special emphasis on freedom of creativity;
- autonomy in relation to the state, political parties, religions and organizations;
- openness in the domestic and foreign academic space.
20 YEARS OF SUCCESSFUL WORK
PIM University is a higher educational institution within which the first educational institutions were established in June 2003. This University was a pioneer in BiH in the development of education in the field of management and business economics. Since its establishment, PIM University has been continuously changing, following world academic trends, but also the needs of the business world. Special attention is paid to integration with the environment through cooperation agreements with related higher education institutions and the establishment of quality business cooperation with successful business companies. Such an approach to work results in the acquisition of better academic knowledge of our students, and a faster and more efficient entry into the business world.
The university enrolled the first generation of students in the 2003/2004 school year. year, after obtaining a work permit, with study programs in General Management and Financial Management. Since 2005/2006. we offer study programs in Management, Finance and Banking, Marketing, Economic Diplomacy. All belong to the scientific field of social sciences.
In the 2006/200 school year, the Andragogy and Graphic Engineering and Design study programs were licensed, which began in the 2009/2010 school year. At the time of licensing, the field of andragogy belonged to the scientific field of humanities, and since July 2007 it belongs to the scientific field of social sciences. The field of graphic engineering and design belongs to the scientific field of technical sciences.
Since the 2009/2010 school year, the Law study program has been licensed and is being conducted. The program belongs to the scientific field of social sciences.
In the 2010/2011 school year, the Psychology and Computer Science study programs were licensed, which will begin in the 2011/2012 school year. The psychology program belongs to the scientific field of social sciences, and the computer science program belongs to the scientific field of natural sciences.
In 2012/2013 school year the University started with the II cycle of studies at the Faculty of Economics.
In 2013/2014 school year the University started with the II cycle of studies at the Faculty of Law.
In 2014/2015 school year the University started with the II cycle of studies at the Faculty of Philosophy (study programs of Psychology and Andragogy).
In the 2017/2018 school year, classes begin on the Industrial Engineering and Management - Energy Efficiency and Green Energy study program at the Technical Faculty.
DEPARTMENTS, FACULTIES AND STUDY PROGRAMS
The quality of the University's development in these 20 years is evidenced by the following data:
- more than 80 teachers and associates;
- University surroundings equipped with the highest quality;
- Over 80% employed graduate students;
- Scholarship fund for the students of High school “Ljubisa Mladenovic”;
- Study center in the city of Trebinje;
- Study Center in Brčko District;
- Study Center in East Sarajevo;
- High school center “Ljubisa Mladenovic” , which includes secondary business school, electioneering, but also medical school and cosmetic school;
- 14 higher education institutions from our country and surrounding area that cooperate with us;
- 7 successfully implemented scientific research projects;
- 40 published editions – monographs and student’s books from our own publishing activities;
- Lectures of prominent visiting professors from economic, diplomatic, political and cultural field;
- Summer schools or regional / international conferences and seminars where our students took part;
Likewise, we achieve the quality of development through continuous:
- by investing in the creation of modern spatial and technological working conditions;
- investing in the professional development of teachers and associates of PIM University and improving their scientific and research work;
- by creating conditions for students to access modern textbook literature;
- encouraging and motivating students to work by awarding scholarships to the most successful students;
- employing the best students and high school students from organizational units of the University in the teaching process;
- encouraging student organization, student trips and student excursions;
- organizing postgraduate professional development through the concept of lifelong education.